How Do I
How Do I
- From Bath: take 248 towards Nazareth. Turn left onto S. Broad Street/PA-191. Turn right onto E. Center Street/PA-191. Turn left onto N. New Street/PA-191. Continue to follow PA-191. Turn left onto Newport Avenue. Municipal building is on the right hand side.
- From Route 33: take the Stockertown/Bangor/PA-191 exit. Turn left onto PA-191. Turn right onto Newport Avenue. Municipal building is on the right hand side.
- From Allentown: Take Route 22 East. Take Route 33 North. Follow directions above from Route 33.
- From New Jersey: Take Route 22 West. Take Route 33 North. Follow directions above from Route 33.
- From Route 80: Take Route 33 South. Follow directions above from Route 33.
No, at this point the Township does not have its own municipal trash collection service. Residents may choose any trash hauler to collect their trash. It is recommended that you check with your neighbors to determine which trash haulers collect in your neighborhood. Prices may vary from hauler to hauler depending on the number of scheduled pick-ups per week.
Please see the Recycling page on our website: PA Act 101 mandates curbside recycling
There is currently no alarm system registration or other requirements. There are penalties established under PA Crimes Code Title 18 for false alarms. Those penalties are not currently being enforced. The Fire Company and Police Department are studying the data on past alarms to determine if there is a problem that needs to be addressed by enforcement
No, bike registration is no longer done in the Township
A person under 12 years of age shall not operate a pedalcycle or ride as a passenger on a pedalcycle unless the person is wearing a pedalcycle helmet meeting the standards of the American National Standards Institute, the American Society for Testing and Materials, the Snell Memorial Foundation’s Standards for Protective Headgear for Use in Bicycling or any other nationally recognized standard for pedalcycle helmet approval. (PA Crimes Code)
Please see the Upper Nazareth Fire Department website, www.uppernazarethfire.com, to contact the fire department for information on burning.
Stray dogs or dogs running at large are picked up by the Police and are temporarily sheltered in the dog pen located behind the Township Road Department on Friedenstahl Ave. An attempt to identify the owner is made to reunite the dog and the owner.
- Owners that have lost their dogs should call 610-330-2200.
- The Police Department is not equipped to handle stray cats.
Parking is generally regulated by ordinance and the Vehicle Code. Local restrictions will be posted in accordance with the Vehicle Code regulations.
My family and neighbors want to hold a block party. What do we need to do in order to block the roads off?
At this time there is no set formal procedure for block parties. In the past residents have discussed the party with the Chief of Police at (610) 759-7448.
If you get a parking ticket there is a box on the outside of the Municipal building. ONLY PARKING TICKETS can be placed inside the box.
For new construction, new single family dwellings and new commercial establishments a certificate of occupancy is required. It is not needed for the resale of properties.
All Upper Nazareth Township community events and important information is advertised in the Nazareth Key newspaper and on the Upper Nazareth Township website.
Please see the recreation page on the Upper Nazareth Township website for information and links to different sports available in Upper Nazareth Township.